Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: muscle twitching and involuntary finger movement.  (Read 50988 times)

Offline alexanderm

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
muscle twitching and involuntary finger movement.
« on: September 22, 2008, 12:42:10 PM »
Since about a week I my left hand thumb finger started to make involuntary movements several times a day. I did not worry at the beginning but it has continue
with several episodes during the day. Also now for the last three days I am noticing muscle twitching in different parts of my body.

this has increase my worries, and I am planning to see my GP today, have any of you gone thru this before. How long has it last it?

thanks

Bookmark and Share

Offline me

• Poke This Member
Re: muscle twitching and involuntary finger movement.
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 08:29:36 PM »
I have had this many times, so have alot of people on this forum, do a search on here for muscle twitching and you will see it is definitely linked to anxiety.  Twitching is so common, there is even a syndorme BFS (benign fasciculation syndrome) that is now recognized.   Any of the nasty diseases which have twitching as a symptom generally have it as quite a late symptom, so there are many other symptoms that your doctor would easily recognize if the twitching was as a result of anything serious.  You will be fine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ttaco

• Poke This Member
Re: muscle twitching and involuntary finger movement.
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 09:59:17 PM »
Yes, take a look at some of my recent threads.  I went to a neurologist and he assured me it wasn't anything serious.
Bookmark and Share

Offline gammohan

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
muscle twitching and involuntary finger movement.
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 07:58:38 AM »
 my left hand thumb finger started to make involuntary movements continously . I did not worry at the beginning but it has continue with other part. i can sence that this uncontolled movement is similar to left leg thumb and inside head left part mussle. in heaad left part at top side noticing muscle twitching contineously.

i had shown to doctor , he told me it is not a symptone of Parkinsons. Situation is like that i could not explain to doctor and doctor will not belive such will happen?

Have any of you gone thru this before. How long has it last it?

thanks

Mohan , india
Bookmark and Share

Tags: