Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Always think something is wrong with me! New to site!  (Read 20758 times)

Offline lisa828

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Always think something is wrong with me! New to site!
« on: October 05, 2005, 02:29:47 PM »
Hi all,

I am hoping I can make some sense out of all of this.  I have suffered from generalized anxiety for the past 10 years.  I usually can deal with most situtations.  I feel that my anxiety is caused by chronic worry, I am a 'worrywort' about everything including my health.  I feel that I am a borderline hypochondriac.  I am always analyzing symptoms, no matter what they are, and find that I am always worrying that there is something wrong.  What I have come to conclude in this is that I feel I use this as a defense mechanism.  In my mind I think that if I always keep in check what is going on with my health then I won't be surprised.  I go to the doctors and he knows I have anxiety so I feel he never takes me seriously, plus when I leave I feel doubtful and think he has overlooked something.  Is there anything I can do to relieve this feeling of always being sick.  When I get myself in a highly anxious state, I always have all these kinds of illnesses...muscle tension, headaches, lump in the throat, etc. Even if I tell myself that these symptoms are anxiety, I still look on the internet under cancers, tumors etc.  I gets really old and I just am tired of it.  Any suggestions???
Bookmark and Share

Offline lollylou

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Re: Always think something is wrong with me! New to site!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 08:26:08 AM »
god i was so relived to read what you had wrote i am 30 years old wife wiht two children and i feel like im going crazy iv had so called panic attacks for years now im sure that i am going to have a heart attack all the time and im sure that they miss things as well every time i go to the drs im so sure that they  they are just being pleasent to me so the crazy woeman will leave and i know the dont listen to me because assoon as they see panic on your file they dont even bother listening anymore i dont know what the answers are i had to come home early fron holiday early because i didnt know where the hospital was and if what everyone says is true then im doing this to myself i would give anything not to be like this but i dont know how to change the only thing i dont do is look up symptons but that is only because im to scared i ban casulty holby city and stuff even when poor nana moon in eastenders got her problem a few weeks ago my whole chest tighten instantly enen writen this down it happerning best wishes to you and thats about all i can offer
Bookmark and Share

Tags: