Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Why do I always wake up sweaty?!  (Read 8588 times)

Offline KrissyNicole

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Why do I always wake up sweaty?!
« on: October 06, 2009, 07:35:01 AM »
This started a week ago, where I'll wake up when I'm sleeping and my legs are totally sweaty and it's not hot or anything in my room. I read somewhere this is a symptom of acid reflux, is this true? I don't want to dig deeper in case I find out it's also a symptom of MS.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• Rec's: 202
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
Re: Why do I always wake up sweaty?!
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 07:45:24 AM »
any number of benign reasons can cause sweatiness at night.

the old adage (that find cloying but true) when you hear hoof beats think horses not zebras.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline KrissyNicole

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 07:46:51 AM »
It's only my legs though, like the bottom half of my body, nothing else. :S
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 07:55:21 AM »
sometimes I wake up with just my neck and head sweaty and those parts aren't even under the covers.

Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline KrissyNicole

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 07:59:56 AM »
Well thats good to know. But for some reason I can't shake this one. It just has so many possible causes, and with all the joint a limb issues I've been having, the only thing I can think of is Multiple Sclerosis, and it kills me to think about. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 08:09:39 AM »
krissy

MS has a wide variety of symptoms, this is true. However I've never heard night sweating to be one of them. I have had the fear of MS off/on for 12yrs and I've learned a lot about the disease.  I knew 5 people with it as well.  The stuff you had worrying you in recent weeks isn't a part of MS.

Krissy you are going from worry to worry.  Your mind is jumping at shadows.  I think you would feel much better if you had a thorough check up.  Go to your primary care doc and spill your guts.  Tell him/her what is scaring you and why.  I think you will be pleasantly surprised to hear that you are fine and healthy.  Then I think you should really seek therapy.   You are a young chick-o and you really don't want to spend your life worrying needlessly over these things.  Everybody gets sick from time to time.  You had a UTI recently (which by the way could be the cause of your sweating--infections can cause you to sweat as well --it is no biggie) and I can tell you that you'll get sick again.  But it won't be the end of the world.  It is a part of life, ya know? 
Bookmark and Share

Offline KrissyNicole

• Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2009, 08:32:24 AM »
Thanks sixpack, (I would adress you by your name but I don't happen to know it.) I don't want to live my entire life like this either. I should be enjoying my high school years like all of my other friends, and I hate being that one kid who just isn't like the rest, even if only I know it. And you're right. I wish my brain would let me believe that I'm okay, but it's hard. Maybe I should start going to therapy but I'm worried that will make me feel even more like an outcast.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Andih

• Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2009, 10:21:22 AM »
I wake up sweaty A LOT!!!  There could be so many different reasons for it, try not to read into it too much.
For me, I have covers up to my neck, regardless of the temp.  But sometimes my pajamas are wet, it's strange.

Andrea
Bookmark and Share

Tags: