Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Subconscious Anxiety-how to deal with it?  (Read 16336 times)

Offline pittguy578

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Subconscious Anxiety-how to deal with it?
« on: March 14, 2010, 06:26:50 PM »
Sorry I have just been really confused lately.
I had no idea there was such a thing as subconscious anxiety.
I think my anxiety is due to work stress, but the thing is I am not ACTIVELY thinking/worrying about anything.
I just feel anxious all of the time. That is the problem. I do not know what I am worried about.

What can I do to reach the subconscious mind and help with this?
As I said in another thread, I have never suffered from an anxiety "problem" in my life.
Certainly nothing out of the ordinary. This is all so very new to me.

Any links/sites you have found helpful (obviously other than this one) in reprogramming your mind?

I was also wondering if there were any sites where I could download some type of audio track that had formal exercises to go through in order to 'reprogram" your mind.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Russ

• Poke This Member
Re: Subconscious Anxiety-how to deal with it?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 09:35:46 PM »
You are not alone.  I go along thinking I am handling things just fine and I fall into major physical anxiety symptoms...I look back to find the trigger and I cannot see one.  It must be all subconscious but if it is...how do you control it?  I guess you have to become incredibly vigilant in focusing on your thought patterns.  I think it must take constant work...I wonder...do I have the energy??  Good luck to you!
Bookmark and Share

Offline jmeb17

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 01:32:28 AM »
This is one of mu many problems too...I worry, but dont know what im worrying about..It sucks.....I really dont understand it
Bookmark and Share
Try not to seek reassurance from others. This destroys your ability to reassure yourself

Offline daisyjukes

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 06:06:36 AM »
There isn't always an obvious trigger to our anxiety.  The anxious response becomes so automatic, our bodies become really sensitised to any physical/environmental changes. Clare Weekes describes this the best for me, she says that over time our nerves get sensitised. I've done CBT and I know they get you to try and identify the negative thoughts that are causing the anxiety and challenge them.  I do think this is still useful.  But if you can see the obvious reason why you are anxious, maybe there isn't one.

Clare Weeks prescribes acceptance of these feelings, they are a result of being anxious for long periods.  They are just the result of an overactive adrenalin system on the body.   She says not to add second fear to these symptoms, don't worry about them, just accept them as being harmless and get on with your day to day life.  This is quite hard but I really think this is the key to recovery with GAD.

Take Care,

Daisy
Bookmark and Share

Offline lathase04

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 12:40:18 PM »
My best advice is, if this is becoming very disruptive of your life and your mental health, to seek professional help.  There's no shame in seeing a psych or taking medication (both are usually temporary, anyway).

When my anxiety first became a problem I did just that.  I was on antidepressants for a little over two years. I eventually got to the point where I felt I could stop taking them, and - for the most part - I feel like I can deal with my anxiety without the help of medication.
Bookmark and Share

Offline justbreathe85

• Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 07:40:21 PM »
I feel like this all the time! The anxiety comes first and then you find yourself desperately seeking a reason for the feeling.
Bookmark and Share

Offline daisyjukes

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 06:49:19 AM »
Don't keep looking for the reason if it isn't obvious. Just accept the anxiety being there, don't be afraid of it(knowledge in what causes it is the key to this) and if you adopt this attitude in time it will pass.

For everyone that suffers from this type of anxiety, I can't recommend enough the Clare Weekes book "hope and help for your nerves." Its good to help tackle the chronic anxiety, that thought challenging can't resolve.

Bookmark and Share

Tags: